- IMPORTANT: Load a resume or C.V. first (if available) then upload supporting documents under the "My Experience" section after your work experience and education. Do NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Recruiting team via email at AskHR@wfu.edu or by calling 336-758-4700.
Job Description Summary
Provides security coverage for Wake Forest University.
- Checks property exterior and interior. Patrols areas and reports suspicious activities. Monitors library security system and facility for unauthorized users. Performs inspections and reports defects.
- Completes Found Property reports for any unattended items. Completes reports and uses two-way radio to communicate with Police Communications Center.
- Protects and safeguards the WFU community from criminal and/or potentially dangerous situations. Protects WFU property from theft and vandalism. Assists Police Officers in deterring criminal activity on campus.
- Issues parking citations; provides crowd control during special events.
- Reports, documents, and prepares testimony for Student Judicial Hearings.
- Develops and implements a training program for security officers on the layout, operations, and systems utilized, if needed.
- Gate House Operations (if assigned): Monitors all vehicle traffic entering the Reynolda Campus between the hours of 10pm and 6am. Checks all vehicles entering campus; writes required reports that coincide with warnings and tickets; prepares cases for Student Judicial Court and properly testifies at the hearings.
- Night Watch Operations (if assigned): Performs foot patrols of all residence and academic buildings on campus; monitors activities; reports to University Police Communications any damaged property, suspicious activity, or criminal activity; writes operation reports concerning incidents.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, the internet, and other relevant software.
- Ability to operate equipment safely (i.e. vehicle wheelchair lift and two-way radios).
- Ability to prepare cases and testify in court, as needed.
- Must possess or develop a working knowledge of security technology (i.e. CCVT operation and monitoring, card reader access, and video systems).
- Skill in building security and lock procedures; skill in providing protection services.
- Ability to write detailed and accurate reports.
- Ability to detect criminal activity and assist police officers with investigations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures and make logical decisions.
- Knowledge of Campus Student Judicial System; ability to prepare cases and testify in court.
- Must successfully complete First Aid, CPR, and Blood Borne Pathogen training.
- Available to work during holidays, weekends, day and night shifts, and periodic overtime.
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the University's automobile insurance.
- May be required to subdue and detain individuals in emergency situations.
- Will be required to complete A.S.P. baton and OC Spray certification courses.
- Physical Requirements: light work; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Climbing, crouching, standing, walking, running, lifting, talking, hearing. Visual acuity is required to: observe unauthorized, unlawful, or unsafe/hazardous situations, behaviors, or individuals; provide physical descriptions of people, articles, or activities; view suspicious activities, perform routine security checks, complete written reports, and view computer terminals. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions; subject to occasional extreme heat and cold; subject to hazards.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Security experience in a campus environment.
Additional Job Description
Time Type Requirement
Full timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
To apply please click here!
Back to top