Position Vacancy ID:
Executive Director of University Health Services
DIR, UNSPECIFIED (10)(M96DN)
A576000-UNIV HEALTH SERVICES/DIRECTORS OFFICE
Anticipated Begin Date:
MARCH 01, 2019
ANNUAL (12 months)
Degree and area of specialization:
Requires progressive leadership experience in a relevant health care setting with a strong public/population health orientation. A medical or health care practitioner is preferred; other health and wellness leaders will also be considered. A master s degree or equivalent in public health, health administration, counseling, or related area is required; a terminal degree in a relevant health discipline (medicine, public health, counseling) or related area is preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
A successful candidate will bring many of the following professional qualifications, skills, experience, and personal qualities:
- Progressive professional and senior leadership experience in a student health, public health, and/or other clinical setting within a health care-related field, agency, or center.
- A record of success in program development, strategic planning, and administration in a health care setting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a comprehensive health organization that effectively responds to constituents needs and promotes a healthy community environment through prevention strategies and health promotion programs.
- Enthusiasm and capacity, both to the task of developing and leading a service-intensive, modern health care operation and playing a key role in shaping the vision and strategic direction for UHS as it continues to grow and evolve.
- Strong management skills and a commitment to a diverse staff, including a range of medical professionals and administrators.
- An accessible leader with proven ability to build relationships of trust and credibility with a broad range of stakeholders.
- A high level of cultural competence and the ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and communities; proven commitment to reducing barriers to accessing high-quality, equitable care for all.
- Ability to lead and manage in complex environments and an inclination and talent for collaboration.
- A keen intellect and broad understanding of contemporary medical practices and an appreciation that the fulfillment of UW-Madison s educational mission is its paramount obligation.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a college health care setting who demonstrate a working knowledge of student health care trends, including health disparities, public health, and the ability to work collaboratively and collegially with campus and community partners to improve student/population health.
License or Certificate:
Health care providers must be eligible for licensure to practice in Wisconsin. Board certification required if applicable.
The Executive Director reports to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, serves as the health and wellness leader for UW-Madison, and will be visible on campus and in the community. It is expected that the Executive Director will serve as both an institutional and national thought leader on college health and a well-respected authority on health-related issues for both internal and external audiences. One of the first university health services founded in the U.S., UHS has been nationally recognized as one of the top health services in the country and is a leader regionally and nationally in the field of college health. It is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
This is a full-time, 12-month appointment. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A generous benefits package is offered through the State of Wisconsin. A criminal background investigation will be conducted for the finalist(s).
Founded in 1848, the University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW-Madison) is the flagship, public land-grant university of the state of Wisconsin and a world-class teaching and research institution. One of the longest and deepest traditions surrounding the University of Wisconsin, the Wisconsin Idea is the principle that the University should improve people s lives beyond the classroom. Synonymous with Wisconsin for more than a century, this Idea has become the guiding philosophy of University outreach efforts in the state and throughout the world and spans its teaching, research, and public service missions and initiatives.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison's campus spreads out along Lake Mendota, encompassing wooded hills, friendly shores, and lively city streets. Madison is the state's capital city with a population of over 252,000, and it offers a combination of natural beauty, distinctive cultural offerings, and outdoor recreation. The University's location in south-central Wisconsin makes for convenient access to Milwaukee, Chicago, and Minneapolis. Despite its wintry reputation, Madison is located in a temperate climate zone and has four distinct seasons.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to Applicants:
Nominations, applications and general inquiries should be directed to http://www.imsearch.com/searches/details/content/S6-347. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but for full consideration interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by November 30, 2018. Anticipated start date is negotiable.
Inquiries can be directed to the Isaacson Miller search firm at http://www.imsearch.com/searches/details/content/S6-347
Natalie Leonhard, Managing Associate
Elizabeth Dorr, Senior Associate
263 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02210
Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 02 Oct 2017 Central Daylight Time
To apply please click here!
Back to top